Wednesday 18 July 2012

My Day

It's my B Day! I had great day. First I watched 5 birds sit on the peak of the garden shed and pick off hornets as they emerged from the eaves where they have a nest. Smart little things! Then I put on my favourite (underwear optional) muumuu and went to my sewing room. I spent many wonderful hours rearranging, patting fabrics, organizing and dusting. Ahhhh.....

All this was in eager anticipation of the arrival of 4 patterns from Jalie. Thanks to Canada Post I knew they were on the truck and heading my way. Amazing! They in deed arrived this afternoon. Thrills! The guy didn't knock on the door - I found out they were there because the web told me they had been successfully delivered. I was ready to show that guy a warm welcome! He missed out big time.

I also spent a lot of time working with my new coverstitch serger. It's great on wovens but skips stitches on light knits. As that is what I want to do, I'm drinking a nice light white wine right now. I need a consultant. I have knit projects lined up!

My man got me a great cordless drill. I love it. Ive always wanted one, it just took him a few years to take me seriously. Men worry about the 'dreaded appliance' gift. Some appliances are truly gifts however, and this is one. He could certainly see me with a drill, it was the gift part I think that concerned him.

I have a lot of reasons for wanting a drill. All practical reasons. However, the best reason of all comes from Maya Angelou. Check it out.

http://blendnewyork.wordpress.com/2008/11/19/maya-angelous-best-poem-ever/



No comments:

Post a Comment