Tuesday 13 December 2011

The down side of discounts

So at my fav store today (Value Village) I was asked if I was a Senior. It was Senior Tuesday. I was all perked and piped up with "yes, I'm 55." Well, seniors there are 60. That rather put another spin on the seniors discount. Do I look 60? I don't feel 60 yet. I may never feel 60. Discounts for 55 - good. For 60 - I'm depressed. It seems 5 years can mean a lot in the proper context.

I went to the Christmas Concert at my old school this afternoon. I took my MIL as she loves to get out and do things. In fact, she's such a doer of things that she had to blow off an appointment to come. The kids were just so impressive! They sing beautifully, have a great time, put on a great show and are generally all around really good signs of good things ahead for this world. It is a rather privileged school, although I don't think they appreciate how much, or how much that means. I've taught all over the place. I loved all the communities well, but some just have it so much easier on life's journey.

I got lots of hugs and good wishes in the halls. Wow. I am blessed to have many friends under the age of 10. Nothing is more true than a friend prior to puberty.

Lace class yesterday. That poor teacher sat with me for 2 hours 1 on 1, and although I was doing fine, going out the door I seem to have left much of it behind. I worked all afternoon and got about 20% more done that I had to undo. 1 step forward, 5 steps back. However, I have graduated from the training weight thread and things do look gorgeous! Or at least there is promise of gorgeous. I only have 5 more days to get my homework done and I'm a bit panicked. If it doesn't get finished we simply cut it off the pillow and move onto the next lesson. Cut off the pillow means it dies a premature death. So sad. Never to be pillowed again. The guilt is overwhelming.

Sewing Guild tonight! I have 2 show and tells and there is promise of group snack! Can't beat that!

1 comment:

  1. When I was in retail I would say "I'm really sorry you don't qualify for the seniors discount!" That was the best way to find out without insulting anyone. But you def. don't look over 50!

    ReplyDelete