Sunday 4 December 2011

Finally, to go with the creaky joints

It's happened, and it is good! I needed to renew my Fabricville membership (Vogue patterns 75% off) and I got the 'seniors' rate! $10 less! Thank you very much. I have no problem with this. I have a pension check, and it only comes half as often as I like.

Somewhat at odds to the above, I LOVed the Prince concert! He seemed to be a very generous performer, and that wasn't what I had been led to believe. I love his music. Yes, much of it is not for the young or easily shocked, but he's an emotional boy. He has things to say. And he said it well, although I think that if he had been sitting in my seat, the sound crew would have been walking home. Things were not crisp, vocals were blurred and guitar did not cut like a knife. He seemed to entertain as if he had invited us over for a party and was thrilled with the guest list. He shared the stage with his band as if thrilled to be there with them. Now the encore business was a bit messy. But I call what I see in front of me, and I haven't spent that much time on my feet ever. And no, his sister can't dance. Let's not debate that anymore.

I start sewing Christmas things this week. I want to make lots of things. Then give them all away. Fun, and I don't need to worry if it fits or looks good. I also don't have to find the perfect present for everyone this year. They can pick it themselves. I have decorated (early for me) and the house is festive. I have the faux tree all aglitter, 2 mini trees are adoilied and a mid side tree sports woven ornaments only. My fav things. I'm trying to hold off on the baking, but I did do a little fruit cake last week. It's currently getting itself rum soaked. I do like a nice rum soaked fruit cake. Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment