Thursday 3 May 2012

Clarification

I meant nothing derogatory about DH in that last post. I spent years training that man to give me honest and useful feedback on clothes that I sew. He does it well, and when he gives advice it is well meant and well received. I know it's an unusual thing, but it works well for us.

I've been cleaning the house this week. I have actually washed ceilings and walls. When have I ever done that before? I do feel better. I think it has been bugging me for a while. I don't know why. I just needed to nest I guess. Thank heavens that feeling is fading! I did discover that the grout in the back closet never actually set. Bizarre! It must have been an old bag of grout and it had lost its ability to cure. The really nice thing was that bad grout vacuums up. It's sweet when a bad thing goes away 'just like that'! Of course, it doesn't say much about that last time I vacuumed or washed in here.

I have my third and last Tomato heel sock lesson tomorrow. Last week the lambs in the next door barn were frolicking with their moms and cousins. It doesn't get any more idyllic than that! Their guard llama was not available. Perhaps inside filling out his daily log.


On Sunday I had lace class in the valley with the group. I wasn't sure I wanted to go. I hadn't laced for a few weeks, felt behind I my homework, was feeling over my head.... I went anyway and had a wonderful day! The location was so lovely! We were in a lovely farmhouse with just a perfect feel to it. The hostess is an incredible artist in many areas, and her home reflected this. I got my brain sorted around the next steps in lacing. It was a good day. I keep forgetting how long it has been since I had to learn something so totally new. How do children do it? How do people survive their first month on the job?

How do we live without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment