Sunday 8 November 2015

Shedding a Tear of Joy

Sorry about that last post. I've been thinking about it all week. Takes me right back to adolescence and all the crazy things that go through your mind then. And university, and all the things that go on there. It's a wonder we ever come out of the bathroom. It's safer in there. Why do women take so long to get ready to go out? Avoidance tactic. We would rather avoid the possibilities.

Haters gonna hate. Shake it off.

AND..... my fabulous body image is back!!!!!! Missed you baby! So glad you're back!

DH and I have been working on a joint project in the man cave. We had an old footstool in front of the fire for the cats to warm up on. Now that we have said goodbye to the last of our little ones it was time to recover and reconstruct. We cut it down in width and used the extra fabric we purchased when we purchased our fireside chairs. Now we have a footstool built for 2! Ignore the lighting. The fabric matches perfectly. DH says it could fit 2, maybe 3 cats.





DH keeps reminiscing about our feline 5. I've always left the decision about future animal commitment up to him. That's his field. Currently, with the number of cat videos I am being shown (as I write!) I expect him to start building cat toys soon. (Listen. He's laughing at cute cats again!)

Currently DH can do no wrong anyway. Bring on those cats, I say! We went to the Forum Craft and Antique Show today. I didn't think we'd get past the antiques, but I didn't think it would be me not needing to look any further! I'm checking out trinkets and china when he pops over to say "Did you see the Wilcox and Gibbs?".

I know what you're thinking. How amazing is it to have a man who not only knows the history of the bustle, but can spot an amazing antique sewing machine find? I have that man. We scooped that puppy up for a reasonable price and brought her home. I still have heart palpitations when I think of it! I almost cried, right there on the floor. I did hug the seller. He was pleased with my enthusiasm. And as usual, I scored big and DH found squat. Poor man. He's still using my PayPal account for his eBay purchases, so life isn't all that bad for him. I understand I have a tire gauge for a ModelT arriving soon. So PayPal tells me.



We also bought Robertson candies. Christmas tradition. Made in Truro, and better chicken bones than Ganong by a mile! Mmmmm. A perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment