Friday 7 February 2014

I Live in a Snow Globe, and It Is Good

I got flack from the Great 'in Training' L regarding my last post. She says I am very outgoing, etc. I still say you should work to cherish and foster your friends. You can never get too much friend. When you retire your friend contact opportunities change. It's something to consider.

It's been snowing lately - softly, like a snow globe. The view in a snow globe is spectacular! You should stop and admire the flakes whenever they present themselves for admiration. It's something that really makes me a nester. I want to light the fire (using the remote, of course) and snuggle in with a good book or sewing project. Two sides of my view....




So after a hard snow the other night I needed to get up and go to work (1 day a week, very taxing). The snow was deep. The car was very cold. I was not surging forth to the driveway with enthusiasm. No. Then... I look out to discover the driveway clear and both vehicles warming for my selection! I live in a perfect snow globe!

So, those who know me know my love of shoes and bags. I need a good selection and lots of glam. On a budget I shop the dumpster diving spots looking for unworn shoes (they are out there) and vintage evening bags. I do have a formidable collection.

So I'm at the new Sally Anne near work and they have a silent auction. There, on the shelf are a pair of lovely pink Manola Blahnik pumps! I plunk down a bid of $30 and win!!!! Actually, as the only bidder I could perhaps have had them for the minimum bid of $20, but why take a chance? It does go to a good cause.


They actually fit! I found that out after I got them home. However, the heels are 4 1/4" high and it seems that is just above my ability to stand or walk - at all. I may just put them on a shelf, label out of course. That was what I had planned. DH has offered to build said shelf. He truly understands me, that man.


No comments:

Post a Comment