I know. It was all in good fun. But I'll have you know I can find anything I need in that room. Anytime. Try me.
Some progress has been made. The MIL has come and gone and did sleep in the guest room bed, which was accessible by that time.
I moved my doily rescue collection to themed drawers and am moving my quilt cotton collection to the guest room cabinet. They look so nice on display! I really need to curate the doily collection, but for now it's tidy and awaiting further attention someday.
I am finishing off UFO's. The sister who had a significant birthday last year received her Lucy Neatby Hot Tamale socks a whole day before the subsequent birthday. Those peppers were enough to keep anyone from meeting a deadline! That gives her till Dec. 24 to finish that knitted cowl she started for me. I await with baited breath!
I decided that 2 meters of lace were enough to embellish a blouse and called that job done. I do need to make a blouse yet, but the lace is off the pillow. It was a fairly simple design (for lacers other than me) and I learned a lot from it. Plain white. Perhaps something a bit more exciting next time? Currently trying to finish off the lace trim for a Chanel jacket. It sits in front of the TV awaiting a good movie or something.
Then there was that basket that needed more willow to finish the sides. I soaked some clippings from the backyard and now that's done. It was an ornery basket requiring a lot of brute force. This comes from not clipping my willow in a timely manner.
This is the jacket that I made from the quilted material. DH says it is truly a 'me' jacket. It feels like wearing a snuggly, says The Great P, and she is correct! If I had to do it over again I would have used a second pattern on the other side rather than going plain. The reverse is really rather blah, and a reversible jacket should give you 2 good looks rather than 1.2.
I loved the pattern! It's the Sachi Jacket. The cut was very easy to adjust for fit and style. I'm wearing a small. I chopped the shoulders back about an inch, took in the sides, shortened the sleeves, lengthened the hem and lessened the collar by just chopping away. It has few seams and they go together easily, even after all that chopping.
I put buttons on both sides, back to back (shank on one side, flat on the other). The buttonholes work for both sides. I used the Pfaff plug in buttonholer. It's one of those things I would spend more money for. It stitches both sides of the buttonhole in the same direction and measures perfect repeats, as it is not swayed by slips or bumps as it stitches. I think both front and back are quite acceptable. The fluff from my quilt batting shows a bit. I may get out a Sharpy and tone that down.
I can see me wearing this a lot.