Sunday 12 June 2016

The Slippery Slope

OK. Today we drove by a church on the way to be a check point in a car rally, and there was the sign in the parking lot - ATM located inside.

We drove by it twice, so I'm pretty sure I got that right. I was flabbergasted!

We also dropped in on DH's cousin who has a farm store on her dairy farm. Happy little chickens, sheep, geese, etc run over to meet you. You pick up wayward eggs and put them where they won't be stepped on. I loved it! We got some Very free range meat and e-transferred the money. Ah, the modern farm!

I find it interesting that I will buy meat that has been ethically raised. Today I looked my food in its cute little beady eyes and I had no problem buying it for dinner. I don't think I'll change on that, but we'll see how it goes. I find my opinions or my ethics are evolving. Not sure where I'll end up - or if they will ever settle for good. Now that I have more time to think about decisions and more time to be 'less convenient' when I want - I find myself wanting to put my money and time where it will best placed.

I rarely buy clothing and I am starting to consider how the fabric for my sewing is produced. I will spend more and go further to buy local. I try not to use credit cards at small local businesses. Of course this is all slippery slope. Once you make a step in that direction it's hard not to keep going further and further.

And I am so, so grateful I can afford to be this way. We aren't rich but we can make choices. And we're Canadian. We are lucky duckies.

Yesterday we went to the Greekfest. A lovely man at DH's work had given us tickets and it was a beautiful day, so off we went. It was great fun. They have a beautiful location on the water. We had a delicious lunch and all was perfect until we ducked inside to see what was there.

There was the dessert table. It was long, luscious and really, really good. Oh, so good! Beyond the outermost regions of good. We stuffed ourselves at a sunny table outside and then worked very hard to waddle on back to the car.

I'm sure that man had good intentions, but he's now responsible for the current state of my middle. All of it! I'm throwing it all at him.

And the Greek church also had a cash machine. In this case I was left with the impression it was just there for the fest. Oh, I so hope so! Didn't Jesus tear up a place of worship for doing the same sort of thing long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment