Thursday 12 January 2012

Belly Fat

It's been a great but busy week! Started Pilates. Went racing with DH to try out the new race car. It all worked very well and I like being in the co driver's seat. I don't mind another person driving and I think I will be able to read and call instructions. The helmet mics worked well. Pictures of us here. http://www.trenholm.org/hmmerk/SlideShow/index6.htm We are the white with blue stripe car at the bottom. I'm the one who can't really see over the dash yet. Got to work a bit on that problem, especially if I decide to drive too.

Monday's lace class went smoothly. I think I'm getting the hang of it. It does gobble time, but it seems to be worth it. I can't wait to experiment with different threads and even yarns. In fact I finished my homework today, with only 1 or 2 periods of 'deconstruction'. There's a conference in France this summer on lace. Could anyone out there send me a ticket?

The stash busting challenge at sewing guild was well received. We bundled fabric in pairs and gave them out to be made into whatever you can fancy. It was great to see enthusiasm! I got a shiny blue/violet something with a small amount of navy coating. I'm thinking longer top with a vest. Hard to say though. I'm hoping the lack of financial investment and no competition will encourage people to just sew and have fun.

So Wednesday I spent the day with 2 friends working on a fitting garment for the pattern making software I use (Wild Ginger PMB). It seems it takes 3 to measure properly. We wonder if anyone in the retail world knows anything about fit. When you sweat over moving the armpit 1/4" to the left, you are definitely looking for a proper fit. What a lovely day! We got great work done in a pleasant atmosphere with snack. I do love snack. But seriously, how do we put up with lousy fit in ready to wear? Why aren't people learning to alter and demand? Even hemming seems to be a lost art. I'm waiting for comments and help to return from the Wild Ginger people. They help with fitting after you send pics and details. Got to love that customer service! I've heard from them twice today and will get their final word tomorrow.

But my measurements certainly showed the rearrangement my body has gone through the last few years. As women are we really prepared for menopause and all the changes that come with it? It really is hard to stay physically active and keep your body flexible and rid of belly fat. There certainly are the good things as well. I don't take myself so seriously anymore. I don't waste time on nonsense as easily. I appreciate kindness. I have a more flexible mind and a keen interest in learning new things. If we only had trainers to get us through the 10 years or so before, during and after mp. Someone to keep you active and point out the wonders as they arrive. I have to say, access to info is improving, but I still don't think experts yet realize all that happens and the potential the menopausal woman has.

I want magnetic letters for the fridge. An important part of my belly fat plan. I used to put messages on the fridge at school for other staff. It stops and makes you read before opening the door. And then you need to reply. I might lose interest in eating completely by then, perhaps. Or at least snack more thoughtfully.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great day! Most informative! I wrote an entry about it, too, on my blog.

    ReplyDelete