Wednesday 18 January 2012

Teachers

I must take a moment to appreciate teachers. Not the school type, mind you - although they are amazing! I'm thinking of the people in your life who take some time to show new tricks to old dogs. They don't need to take time out of their day to patiently share something they do (without thinking) to someone who can't see the forest for the tress. However, in these cases usually the learner is personally motivated. They want to know that new thing and they will give the process attention, time and practice. The teacher appreciates this, but they are still taking precious time away from less taxing activities to help you acquire a new skill.

So, I am appreciating the people who show me how to make baskets, bend into that Pilates position, untangle that lace, sew that fabric, measure that body, garden that patch, knit that sock, drive that car, bead the trim, understand my tech gear...

and so much more. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment