I made monkey mug warmers for Christmas gifts, and now I'm making them to raise money for my fav charity, Grandmothers to Grandmothers (http://www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/get-involved/grandmothers-campaign). I like to make things, and this is a good outlet. Usually I just hand them over to be sold, but this way I get to make the donation and I also get the tax receipt! I love tax receipts!
The monkeys look like this and the pattern can be found at http://www.patonsyarns.com/pattern.php?P=2&NEW_PATTERNS=1. There's a space for your mug handle!
I also make purse organizers. I bought one and didn't like it, in spite of the big bucks I spent for it. So I designed one to work for me. They are somewhat satisfying to make, but they are time intensive. I may get tired of these in the near future.
I have been working on my pattern software (Wild Ginger) and getting a better fit. Pictures of my work are the best way to evaluate fit, however they remind me of the weight I need to lose. The truth hurts. So sad.
Enough of that. Here are the first and second tops. The blue one pointed out a need widen the shoulders a titch. I did that but I'm still unhappy with the amount of fabric above the bust and the line the armhole takes. Both problems seem determined to give me wings. I am no angel. Wings don't suit. Also the sleeves look as if they need alignment across the cap section. Fortunately the folks at WG don't seem to mind giving suggestions and help so I'll update them on progress and wait for their next suggestions. As for design, I need to add details to break up the vast expanse of fabric that is me. Pockets help. The beige collar is the worst collar ever. I won't be making that again. I think I'll cut it down a bit. That may help. Also, the neckline should have dropped lower. I look like I'm choking. There are so many decisions to make when you are your own designer.