Tuesday 25 September 2012

Where has the time gone?

It's been a busy week or two! First I started a job! It's only 1 day a week, sometimes 2 and that suits me perfectly. It's at a sewing store, with machines and fabric and notions and classes and thread and neat stuff! Me in a candy shop. I do find I'm tired at the end of the day. I'm currently car pooling with DH most of the way, and then with a co worker the rest of the way. I enjoy that. It's quite civilized.

I'm going to learn tons of new stuff I think. I was watching a machine user lesson and learned about the most easy and perfect button holes ever. Many customers are quilters and embroiderers. I know little about those things and they are keen to share. It's also the business world, and not at all like teaching. I do enjoy a change of scenery!

Now Tuesday is a busy day. I have basket weaving options in the morning, although I avoided that meeting so far. Today I cut iris leaves and put them to dry. That will be a good project to take to meeting soon. I have a basket in mind, I just can't seem to commit yet.

Then I went to a free SMU class at the library on Atlantic Canadian Lit. We are still back in the 1400's but will work our way up throughout the year. It's an hour long once a week and well attended. I need to get to the book store and pick up the book ($13).  Maybe I'll get a SMU sweatshirt while I'm there. The prof is very knowledgeable, entertaining, funny, whimsical and not so bad to look at. Not bad at all. Nope. He certainly has my attention.

Then I was off to dirt class for the first time. I now have to call it soil class, as it seems there is a significant difference, apparently. Today we covered rocks and minerals. We're also starting at the beginning (of time).

This week I work 2 days. I need to rest up tonight so I don't yawn too much. Napping on the job is discouraged.

I have day lilly plants for sale. Funds support my local Grandmothers to Grandmothers group. Name your price and come get a few. Or just come get a few. They need a good home before the snow flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment