Wednesday 4 April 2012

I Need More Corn!

It's very busy and exciting at the feeder! Yesterday a gorgeous pheasant showed up for the first time this spring. I'm sure he is one of Henri's offspring from last summer. He showed no fear when he saw me in the window taking pictures, and it took them some time to get over that last year. He was joined by a bevy of little birds. The ducks stop by several times a day. They circle the house first, giving me time to check the feeder and refill if needed. But this morning there was a deer next door. It was huge! I have no idea if s/he stopped by. In fact, I don't know how I feel about that. Deer don't share my garden as well as the groundhog. He tends to stay with the same squash all summer - a few bites each day. Deer tend to mow through everything. I've talked to them about this in the past, but they just look up, snort and continue. My deer are not sissy deer.

However, if I remember correctly, the pheasants destroyed the strawberries last year. I tend to forget that because they were so cute while doing it.

I'm also on a retirement budget! This is going to get expensive! Especially as my DH is concerned that cracked corn may not be the best thing for all and is researching gourmet treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment