Sunday 14 August 2011

I'm Hungry

Before I forget, here's my August face. I don't see wonderful things yet, but today I have other things on my mind.


I went to the beach yesterday with family. I took pictures (I like to take pics of family) and looked at them last night. It's time to admit I'm a Butterball. I'm a 55 year old woman on the slippery slope to round, short Aunt Edna physique. I'm sure you all know one of those. I eat well and exercise but not with any enthusiasm. I've watched DH go through heart rehab and learn all about diet and exercise. He's quite intense and yet results are still slow to come for him, and he's dedicated! It seems that once you pass 24 or 18, things go much more slowly. I used to think slim and it would happen. I'd lay off the Kentucky Fried for a week and all would be well. If I'm honest about things, that really hasn't happened since I was, let's say...30. If I were really honest, I'd have to admit that the Aunt Edna state is already here.

So I am on  diet. I don't like it much yet. No longer is it large tea, double/double, with milk. It's still large, but single/single. Oh dear. I had a nice salad for lunch and drank 3 tall glasses of water today. I don't like water much either. No more olive oil on my grilled veggies. Tonight, snack will be fruit. I confess, I rinsed the sand off a Twizzler I found in the bottom of my purse this afternoon and chewed it slowly. This gets better, right? Are there endorphins or something? 

I have to go bike. I bike indoors on the weekend. There are other people in the park on the weekend, and it loses that private preserve thing it has going on the week days. I do get to watch The Fifth Element on TV to help things go faster. JP Gaultier did the costumes and they are amazing. I saw his exhibit in Montreal and it was like walking into the most amazing closet, with clothes strewn everywhere and the lipstick stains still in place. I could have moved in for the week and just sat in front of each outfit forever, and then moved to the next. Now see? If I lose weight, I could wear that corset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment