Wednesday 10 August 2011

Mail

I went to the mailbox today. I love mail. First I get out my bike and bike past the mailbox to the local bike/hike trail. Today there was a diesel spill in the canal there. Someone with bald tires in the rain hit a truck and it dumped. No one was hurt, just the guardrail and 2 vehicles. Meanwhile 1000 litres of diesel dumped into the highest point of a waterway that extends across the province. Oops. Mind you, cleanup and repairs started right away. Mention was made that those who draw drinking water from Williams Lake should sniff before they sip. Bless my city water!

Back to the mail. After I do my 10 km circuit in the park I get back to the mailbox and get my reward. I try not to collect every day, as an empty box is not rewarding and I like to build a little anticipation. I am expecting a DVD and some books currently so anticipation is heightened!. I also have more magazine subscriptions than I really should. It's an adiction. So sad to have a monkey on my back like this but I do try to weed back occasionlly. I got 3 in yesterday's mail and that was lovely! I spent a few hours in the sunroom catching up on how a sunroom (and other rooms) could look if I had some time, money and imagination. Oh wait! I'm retired. I think I may have some time! I'll look.

Anyway, no packages today. Very sad, but motivating for tomorrow's bike ride. I'll open the box and there will be a little key from the mail guy. That lets me open a bigger box and behind door #1 (or #2, depending on size) will be my treat! Don't you just love the internet?


No comments:

Post a Comment