Wednesday 16 September 2015

Kaffe

It was a perfect rainy day. I hit a lovely wool store, an amazing fabric and haberdashery store and slid into my seat at the Jane Austen fashions talk just in time.

At an English talk the audience is ever so well behaved. You do not talk, whisper, cough or breathe loudly. You would never rustle anything. You just listen attentively. It's refreshing.

The fabric store lady told me about a Kaffe Fassett talk tonight. I googled it and set off. The tickets were sold out, but I was ushered in, handed free wine and Kaffe hand lotion and got a seat. It seems the ticket was meant to be a coupon towards the book. I sat with a lovely local couple.

Kaffe needs no introduction to most, but for my family - he designs knitting, fabric and quilt patterns. Very colorful! Mom would know his knitting patterns.

Kaffe was very entertaining and also mentioned the woman who taught my bead workshop. She supervises all his sample work. At the end of the night I bought his new book- with the 7& help of my neighbor's husband's ticket. What a sweetie! It's now autographed, of course.

DH was not into any of this. He broke his toe today and spent most of the day talking to the cat. He'll be fine by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment